2 Samuel 7:28
July 10, 2022
Take Time to Pray
1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me,
for in You my soul takes refuge.
I will take refuge in the shadow of Your wings
until disaster has passed.
2 I cry out to God Most High,
to God who fulfills His purpose for me
3 He sends from Heaven and saves me,
Rebuking those who hotly pursue me;
God sends His love and His faithfulness.
28 “O Sovereign Lord, You are God! Your words are trustworthy, and You have promised these good things to Your servant.”
David is King and has his palace. He expresses a desire to build a house for God, but God says ‘no.’ At the same time God makes promises to David include a promise that David’s son would be the one who will build the house for God. This verse is part of David’s prayer to response to God.
· God is Sovereign – rules over everything.
· God’s Word is to be trusted.
· God’s promises are good and He will keep them.
· God may tell us “no” sometimes, but it is because He has a better way.
· God has a plan for our lives – even in the darkness.
· God’s promises are solid and secure.
· God’s plan for my life is invisible, so how do I live it, today?
· Acts of service – cookies for a friend; laundry
· Spend time in prayer
· Spent time in God’s Word
(Completed using TEND method - marieldavenport.com)