July 21, 2022
Take Time to Pray
16 Answer me, O LORD, out of the
goodness of Your love;
in Your great mercy turn to me.
17 Do not hide Your face from Your servant;
answer me quickly, for I am in trouble.
18 Come near and rescue me;
redeem me because of my foes.
11 Can papyrus grow tall where there is no marsh?
Can reeds thrive without water?
12 While still growing and uncut,
they wither more quickly than grass.
13 Such is the destiny of all who forget God;
so perishes the hope of the godless.
14 What he trusts in is fragile;
what he relies on is a spider’s web.
15 He leans on his web, but it gives way
he clings to it, but it does not hold.
· Those who hope in God will not perish.
· Trust in God is strong and will not be broken.
· Hope in anything other than God will perish.
· Trust in anything other than God – anything in the world – will give way.
· What am I trusting in?
· What can I do to turn from trust in this world to trust in God?
· I fear I trust in a mixture of God and the material world. I trust in God, but sometimes I let the things of this world pull me away from that trust and tempt me to trust in lesser things.
· Things I can do to increase my trust in God include, but are not limited to: Prayer, Bible study, worship, reminding myself of what God has done for me in the past, and sharing God’s Word.
Completed using TEND method - marieldavenport.com)