June 19, 2022
Take time to pray
1 Listen to my prayer, O God.
do not ignore my plea;
2 hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught
9 So Moses took the staff from the LORD’s presence, just as He commanded him. 10 He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, “Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?” 11 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank.
12 But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust in Me enough to honor Me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I will give them.”
Moses was originally instructed to speak to the rock and water would come out. Instead, he hit it with his staff which was not what God commanded. I suppose Moses was mad at the Israelites and lost his temper and struck the rock, but no matter what his reason, he disobeyed God and that carries a heavy price. Moses’s price was that he would not enter the Promised Land. However, God would let him see it right before he died.
Interesting is that God still did what He said He was going to do despite Moses’s disobedience. God would maintain His power over the situation.
· God is to be obeyed.
· Disobedience has consequences – God may not punish us, but our actions on earth have consequences that we cannot avoid.
· God is to be honored.
· God is to be trusted.
· God will maintain His power and Holiness even when we disobey.
· Obedience to God is a must.
· When we go astray, we suffer the consequences of our actions, or inaction.
· We are to honor and trust God in all situations.
· How can I be sure that I am being obedient to God today?
· Keep God’s Word near my heart and when I am in doubt, I need to search my heart and God’s Word to know what is the right thing to do. God gives us a conscience that helps to guide us. If my conscience pricks me, then I better check my actions or inaction.
(Completed using TEND method - marieldavenport.com)